Zūm is adding to our team of passionate people who are transforming student transportation. As a maintenance technician at Zūm, you will help ensure that Zūm's fleet of school buses is kept in safe and optimal operating condition, by determining required repairs and maintenance in accordance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/ and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form
- Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned
- Advises Lead Technician of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse
- Minimum of five years medium/heavy truck fleet mechanic repair experience
- Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
- Have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
- Possess the recommended minimum hand tools for a Diesel Technician
- Ability to use good judgment and decision making skills
- Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred). **Company has a free training program for mechanics
- ASE Certification desired
Zūm Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.