Zūm is an organization which is on the crest of exploding into the US student transportation business. Having recently acquired significant contracts within the Bay Area, we are now on the crest of advancing further in 2021. In order to prepare for this challenge, we are looking for outstanding leaders to join the team - to build an entire operation up from scratch; to lead and manage the operation and then to define the customer relationship. Once this is done the successful leader will then go on to the next new operation whilst maintaining responsibility of the one they just built. We are continuing to look for leaders in both northern and southern California.
- An integral part of putting together an operational plan which meets the needs of our customer requirements in the bid process.
- Upon successfully winning the associated bid, the General Manager will be responsible for the entire start up (sourcing the facility, hiring a team, implementing market leading IT solutions, establishing a P&L, ordering a fleet of vehicles etc.)
- Establish customer and stakeholder relationships, which are to exceed expectations.
- Utilizing the Zūm IT infrastructure, ensure a balanced scorecard (KPI's) is exceeded in all areas and shared with the stakeholders.
- Working with the relevant teams, spearheading a behavioral safety culture for all employees and beyond.
- Develop and coach Zūm employees to be our next tier of leaders.
- Full P&L accountability.
- Multi-site accountability within respective district.
- 7+ years of significant operational experience within a transportation environment.
- Demonstrable experience in improving safety performance within respective operations.
- Proven track record in developing a leadership team and individuals whilst ensuring an engaged workforce.
- Managing in a unionized environment a definite advantage.
- Sound experience in leading projects and has the ability to draw upon and utilize a team to complete the tasks.
- Positive demeanour with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and make decisions.
- Definite self-starter who can act on their own initiative.
- Stakeholder and customer relationship skills/experience are essential.
Zūm Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.